Recipe: Black Bean, Corn and Shrimp Salad
Posted October 30, 2011on:
Black Bean, Corn, and Shrimp Salad
- YIELD: 4 servings (serving size: 1/3 cup shrimp and about 2/3 cup bean mixture)
- COURSE: Salads
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup bottled salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Add shrimp; toss to coat.
Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shrimp; sauté 3 minutes or until done.
Add 1 tablespoon lime juice. Remove shrimp from pan. Add corn to pan; sauté 1 minute.
Stir in salsa,
cilantro, and beans;
cook 30 seconds or until thoroughly heated.
Stir in 1 tablespoon lime juice. Serve shrimp over bean mixture.