Recipe: Chicken with Lemon-Caper Sauce
Posted November 1, 2011on:
This simple take on chicken scaloppini is just the recipe If you’re craving Italian for a weeknight meal. The lemon-caper sauce goes well with a white and wild rice blend on the side.
- YIELD: 4 servings (serving size: 1 breast half and 1 tablespoon sauce)
- COURSE: Main Dishes
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley
1. Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound to an even thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish; dredge chicken in flour.
2. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes. Turn chicken over.
Add broth, juice, and capers; reduce heat to medium, and simmer 3 minutes, basting chicken occasionally with sauce. Sprinkle with parsley; cook 1 minute. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
3. Bring sauce to a boil; cook 2 minutes or until thick. Serve over chicken.
I served it with a freezer broccoli and cheese rice mix.