Recipe: Pesto Shrimp Pasta
Posted November 3, 2011on:
This delectable pasta dish features swirls of tender angel hair, plump shrimp, and grape tomatoes tossed with pesto. Garnish with sprigs of basil just before serving for extra color and a burst of freshness.
Prep: 8 minutes; Cook: 15 minutes
- YIELD: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup shrimp pasta and 1 tablespoon cheese)
- COOK TIME:15 Minutes
- PREP TIME:8 Minutes
- COURSE: Main Dishes
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 6 cups water
- 1 1/4 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1/4 cup commercial pesto, divided
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shaved fresh Parmesan cheese
- Basil sprigs (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
2. While pasta cooks, bring 6 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add shrimp; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until done. Drain shrimp; toss with 2 tablespoons pesto and tomatoes. Stir in pasta and 2 tablespoons pesto. Top with cheese. Garnish with basil, if desired.